The tech giant Google has just rolling out the most important offline navigation feature in Google Maps for Android. Users can now able to download maps of specific areas of the cities or states and save them on their Smartphone or, Tablet and get turn-by-turn directions, search for specific destinations and other information like – Place info, contact info, ratings etc. even when they don’t have a signal.
How to Download the Maps and get offline Navigation
- Connect your Smartphone or, Tablet to the Internet and signed in to your Google account
- Open the Google Maps app
- Search for a place, like “Indian Musium”
- At the bottom, touch on the bar that has the name of the place you searched.
- Touch on the menu icon (upper right corner)
- To save the map, select Download offline area and tap on the Download option
- To view your offline map, tap on the Navigation icon for viewing your saved maps
After downloading, Google Maps will move into offline mode automatically when it recognizes you are in a location with slow service or no connectivity at all.
Note: The biggest size for an offline map is 50km x 50km. If you try to save an area bigger than that, you’ll be asked to zoom in to a smaller area.