The Giant Smartphone maker Xiaomi has officially launched its latest budget Smartphone and the successor of Redmi 2 Smartphone, the Redmi 2 Prime in India. This is the first Smartphone from Xiaomi to be assembled at Xiaomi and Foxconn facility in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh, India.
The Redmi 2 Prime is exactly same when compared to the Redmi 2 only for double the RAM and ROM. The Prime version comes with 16GB of eMMC ROM (expandable up to 32GB) and 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime Specifications
- 4.7-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display with AGC Dragon-trail Glass protection
- Qualcomm (MSM8916 ) Snapdragon 410 64-bit SoC with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB via micro SD
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE Cat4, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, Micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Android v4.4 (KitKat) with MIUI v6 on top
- 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, [email protected] video recording
- 2-megapixel Selfie camera, [email protected] video recording
- 2200mAh battery
- Colors: White, Dark Grey
The Redmi 2 Prime is priced at INR 6,999 and it will be available on Mi.com and all Mi India online partners including Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal starting from today.
Xiaomi Global VP Hugo Barra, said:
Redmi 2 Prime is the first smartphone from Xiaomi to be assembled in our facility in Sri City. We would like to thank Andhra Pradesh government for helping us to start local manufacturing within just six months. Initial talks started in February and today we have already started to sell the Redmi 2 Prime.