The giant Smartphone maker LG has announced its latest limited edition luxury Android Wear Smart Watch, the LG Watch Urbane Luxe with 23-karat gold body. The Smart Watch has a same shape and style as the regular Urbane Watch (aside from the gold) and the specifications are unchanged. It comes with handcrafted alligator leather strap with a deployment clasp, elegant look and an exclusive piano-gloss lacquer case.
LG will only make 500 pic of the limited edition Urbane Luxe watches engraved with its own serial number for authenticity. The company said that the Smart Watch with 23-karat gold is stronger and harder than the 24-karat gold used in jewelry and heavier than the 18-karat gold used in traditional luxury watches.
LG Watch Urbane Luxe Specifications:
- 1.3-inch (320 x 320 pixels) P-OLED Display with a pixel density of 245ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC with 1.2GHz CPU
- 512MB LPDDR2 RAM, 4GB eMMC
- Android Wear OS (compatible with Smartphones running Android 4.3 and above)
- Dust and Water Resistant (IP67 certified)
- 23-karat gold finish
- Alligator leather strap with deployment clasp
- 9-Axis (Gyro/ Accelerometer/ Compass), Barometer, PPG (Heart Rate) Sensors
- 410mAh battery
- Dimensions: 45.5 x 52.2 x 10.9 mm
The Smart Watch will be priced at US$ 1200 (INR 79,560 approx) and it goes on sale in the U.S by the end of October, 2015. It will be available for pre-order at jeweler REEDS in September. LG will also showcase the luxury Smart Watch at the IFA 2015 from September 4th to 9th in Berlin.