The Chinese Smartphone maker Huawei has finally launched its latest flagship Smartphone in the Honor series, the Honor 7i, in China. The Smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 616 SoC with Octa-Core CPU and runs Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Emotion UI 3.1 on top. The main feature of this Smartphone is its 13-megapixel 180-degree flip or, rotating camera with dual-tone LED flash. That can help users to use the main camera as a front camera for taking higher quality Selfies. Huawei claims that it will last for two years even if you open it 132 times a day, which is quite a lot.
The Honor 7i is also the first Smartphone to have a fingerprint sensor on the side of the phone. The sensor is on the left upper side and Huawei claims that it is the smallest sensor on any phone. The sensor can be also used to unlock the device and as a camera shutter for taking pictures easily by touching with your thumb.
Let’s check out the complete specifications of the new Honor 7i Smartphone below.
Huawei Honor 7i Specifications
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with a pixel density of 424 ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 1.7GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Emotion UI 3.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano SIM)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/, Bluetooth 4.0, LE, A- GPS, GLONASS/ Beidou, NFC, microUSB v2.0
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 13-megapixel 180-degree rotating camera with Sony BSI sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 28mm wide-angle lens, sapphire crystal protection and dual-tone LED flash; [email protected] Video recording
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, AmbientLight, E-compass, Finger-print Sensor
- Non-removable Li-Po 3100mAh battery
- Dimensions: 141.6×71.2×7.8mm; Weight: 160 grams
- Body: Aluminum frame on the side with Glass on the back
- Colors: White, Gold
The Honor 7i is priced at CNY 1699 (US$ 250 / INR 17,400 approx) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant and CNY 1899 (US$ 297 / INR 19,440 approx) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant. It is now only available for order in China. Huawei did not announce details about its global roll out yet.