The Search Giant Google was unveiled its 6th major upcoming version of Android Operating System – the ‘Android M‘, during the company’s annual I/O conference in May. Today, Google has announced that the Android M is now officially called as “Android 6.0 Marshmallow”.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow comes with lots of new features, like –
- More control over what information applications can use.
- Optimize device performance by lowering the RAM usage
- Improving the standby and overall battery performance
- Integration of Android Pay mobile wallet platform.
- Support for USB Type-C connectors
- Support for fingerprint sensors.
- Do not Disturb quick setting
- More Material User interface
- 4K display mode
- Voice interaction service
- Direct share and more
Android 6.0 Marshmallow new Developer’s Preview is now available on Nexus 5, 6, 9 and the Nexus Player. The developers can now upload their Android 6.0 compatible apps to the Play Store.
Google is said to be preparing to launch two new Nexus Smartphones this year – one high-end from Huawei and one mid-ranger from LG. It’s quite possible that Google will be showcasing the Android 6.0 Marshmallow using these two devices.