Huawei officially unveiled company’s latest high-end Android Tablet- the MediaPad M2. It comes in Standard and Prmium edition variants and will be first roll out in China, Western Europe and the South Pacific. After that it will be available in Russia, North and Eastern Europe and Japan.
Huawei MediaPad M2 Tablet Specifications
- 8-inch Full HD (1920 × 1200 pixels) IPS LCD ClariVu ColorPlus display that intelligently switches modes according to the environment
- Hisilicon Kirin 930 SoC with 2GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPU
- Mali-T628 MP4 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Emotion UI 3.1
- Single SIM (nano SIM)
- 4G LTE Cat4, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, A-GPS & GLONASS, microUSB 2.0, USB OTG
- 8MP auto focus rear Camera with LED flash
- 2MP front-facing Camera
- Dual stereo speakers with Harman Kardon sound, 3.5mm audio jack
- Non removable Li-Po 4800 mAh battery
- Metal Body
- Dimensions: 214.8 x 124 x 7.8mm; Weight: 330 grams
- Colors: Gold and Silver
The Tablet comes with an optional magnetic smart cover that doubles up as a stand for convenient viewing.
Update: The Huawei M2 Tablet now officially launched in China. The most affordable variant of the Tablet (Wi-Fi, 2GB, 16GB) is priced CNY 1,588 ($256/€232), while the top variant (4GLTE, 3GB, 64GB) goes for CNY 2,288 ($367/€334). The tablets go on sale from July 16 (this Thursday), but you’ll need a registration.