Usually if you are worried about your personal data in your brand new Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge, it is recommended to setup the lock screen security for the Smartphone. There are different security levels you can set on this device, like- Pattern, Password, PIN, Fingerprint etc.
But, what if you forget your lock screen Pattern, Password, PIN or your Fingerprint is not accepted by your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge? You are locked out of your phone. Obviously, rebooting your phone is useless, otherwise it would kill the purpose of the screen lock.
Luckily there are two simple ways to unlock the Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge without losing any data.
1. Unlock Galaxy S6 with your Google Account
Unlocking your device via Google Account is pretty simple. If you enter an incorrect Password, Pattern, PIN or Fingerprint maximum times, you’ll be prompted to enter your Google Account login details and it will unlock your phone.
In case, you’ve setup two-step authentication, you’ll have to visit Google’s security site on your computer and generate a one-time password to enter on your phone.
The above option will only work if you know your Google Account password, or else you have to find some other way to unlock your device.
2. Unlock Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge via Samsung Find My Mobile
Find My Mobile is Samsung’s own remote device management service and the best way to unlock your Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge. To use the service, you need to have –
- A Samsung account
- Enabled the Find My Mobile service on your device
To enable Samsung Find My Mobile service, go to Device Settings menu > Lock screen > Security. Then tap on Find My Mobile option and provide your Samsung account details. Make sure the “Remote control” option is turned on.
After the service is enabled on your Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge, follow the below steps to unlock the device –
- Open the Samsung Find My Mobile website on your PC browser and sign in with your Samsung Account details
- Now click on the Registered device option and locate your Galaxy S6 from the list
- Make sure the Connection and Remote controls are on
- Click on the Unlock my Device option
- Now your phone will communicate with the website and you will get a feedback message on the screen- “The screen is unlocked. Setup screen lock on the device.”
Now, your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 edge should be unlocked. The lock screen security will be also reset as swipe.