Xiaomi has officially announced its new affordable Android Smartphone Redmi 2A in its home country China to celebrate its 5th anniversary. It offers the same features as the existing Redmi 2 but comes with a Leadcore chipset.
Xiaomi Redmi 2A specifications
- 4.7-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display
- Leadcore L1860C chipset with 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU
- Mali T628 dual-core GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 32GB
- Dual SIM (micro)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with MIUI v6 on top
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, 720P HD video recording
- 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2200mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 2A comes in White, Dark gray, Bright Yellow, Light Green and Pink colors with an attractive price tag – 599 Yuan ($97 approx), but it is available at 499 Yuan ($80 approx) only on April 8th. No details about the global roll out yet.