Today, Sony has quietly announced company’s latest next generation flagship Smartphone, the Xperia Z4, in its home country Japan. The new Smartphone features a 5.2-inch Full HD Triluminos Display which is similar to the Xperia Z3 Smartphone, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 Octa-Core processor with 3GB of RAM and runs Android 5.0 Lollipop. It has Sony’s OmniBalance design with glass back and metal frame.
Sony Xperia Z4 full specifications
- 5.2-inch full-HD (~565 ppi pixel density) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine
- 64-bit Octa-core (Quad-core Cortex-A53 & Quad-core Cortex-A57) Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 processor
- Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with LED flash, 1/2.3-inch Exmor RS BSI sensor, Bionz image processor, [email protected] (4K) video recording
- 5.1MP front-facing camera with Exmor R BSI sensor, 25mm wide-angle lens, electronic image stabilization, [email protected] video recording
- IPX5 / IPX8 certified for dust and water resistance over 1 meter and 30 minutes
- Sony DSEE HX audio technology, LDAC codec
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 4G LTE Cat6, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- Dimensions – 146x72x6.9mm and weighs 144 grams
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2930mAh Battery with Fast battery charging: 60% in 30 min (Quick Charge 2.0)
The Xperia Z4 will be available in White, Black, Copper and Aqua Green colors and will be available in Japan later this summer. There is no word yet on Global roll out and pricing.