World’s most popular Smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has formally announced the new “Redmi 2” Smartphone in India, which is the Successor and the Sequel of its very popular and highly affordable Redmi 1S Smartphone.
Registrations for the Redmi 2 will open today exclusively on Flipkart online store at 6PM and sale will commence on March 24th.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 specifications:
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels ~312 ppi) IPS LCD display with AGC Dragontrail Glass protection
- Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916 ) 64-bit processor
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 32GB
- DUAL-SIM 4G LTE Cat4 connectivity (connection speed upto 150 Mbps)
- 4G LTE/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS & GLONASS, microUSB 2.0, USB OTG
- MIUI v6.0 based on Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 8MP rear-facing camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, 720P HD video recording
- 2,200mAh Lithium polymer battery (supports Quick Charge 1.0)
- Measures 134 x 67.21 x 9.2mm and Weight 132 grams
The Redmi 2 comes in Pink, Yellow, Green, Grey and White colors, priced at INR 6,999 ($112).